Have you heard references to your chakras in the past, but aren’t quite sure what they are? Keep reading for a brief overview of what chakras are and how they can help regulate your body systems.
What are the Seven Chakras?
The word “chakra” translates to mean “wheel.” There are seven identified chakras in the human body; a concept that traces back to early Hinduism and Buddhism. The chakras in your body are the spiritual energy centers that start at the top of your head and end at the bottom of your spines. Chakras help to regulate body systems, and influence everything from emotional regulations to resistance to outside forces such as disease.
In order to make sure you are operating at full physical and psychological health; it is thought to be important to keep your shakras open and in alignment. This is usually achieved through meditation or healing sessions. Once someone becomes in tune with their chakras, it is easy to tell when they are out of alignment are restore balance quickly.
Naming the Seven Chakras
Each chakra has a different purpose, location, color and element. Let’s look at these more in depth:
- The root chakra (Muladhara): this is the foundation. It is study, stabilizing and supportive. It is where you ground yourself to the earth and in your spirit. The root chakra revolves around survival such as food and money. Location: bottom of your spine Color: Red Element: Earth
- The sacral chakra (Svadhishthana): this is where your fun exists! It is responsible for sexual and creative energies. The sacral chakra revolves around pleasure, well-being, and sexuality. Location: Middle of the abdomen Color: Orange Element: Water
- The solar plexus chakra (Manipura): this is your source of individual power and controls your self-esteem. This chakra also controls will power and self-control. The root solar plexus chakra revolves around self- worth, confidence, and esteem. Location: Around the stomach Color: Yellow Element: Fire
- The heart chakra (Anahata): the center chakra that signals where physical and spiritual meet. This chakra is all about love. The heart chakra revolves around love, inner peace, and joy. Location: Directly above the heart Color: Green Element: Air
- The throat chakra (Vishuddha): this chakra is about the ability to speak your inner truth and use your voice to communicate to others your needs. The throat chakra revolves around communication, and truth. Location: In the middle of the throat Color: Blue Element: Ether
- The third eye chakra (Ajna): the third eye is all about seeing and acknowledging your intuition. This is also how you navigate in the outside world. The third eye chakra revolves around intuition and wisdom. Location: Center of your brow Color: Indigo Element: Sensory Perception
- The crown chakra (Sahasrara): the final chakra acts as the connection between us and the devine. A clear crown chakra ensures awareness and consciousness. The crown chakra revolves around spiritual connection. Location: Top of head Color: Violet Element: Thought
Interested in learning more about your chakras and how to balance them? Stay tuned for our next blog for Part Two of our two part series.
Have you heard references to your chakras in the past, but aren’t quite sure what they are?